Saturday, 4 December 2010

review times two

Hello dear readers! Today I'm going to provide a very important costumer-service and give you two reviews of some interesting products.

Canada Dry Ginger Ale vs. CocaCola Vanilla

Result:
Well. The ginger ale tasted mostly sweet and annoying. Can't see what's so Canada about it. So it was an easy win for the Cola - I think it benefited from the touch of vanilla, a slightly more exotic but still familiar taste. In a way.

Mio, min Mio - The film

I'm not sure, is this the same version I saw on TV as a kid? This is dubbed from English to Swedish, and with Norwegian subtitles (the subtitles by my own choise, though).


Jum-Jum is played by a young Christian Bale. And Kato is played by Christopher Lee. Not their best performances, I'm afraid.

Did you know that the Mio, min Mios-song (all Swedish kids knows it) is written by Abba-Björn and Abba-Benny?

OK, so now I have checked. There is only one version. It was a Soviet-Swedish-Norwegian-British production from 1987. And it's not very good... It was better in my mind. Is this a warning not to re-visit childhood favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment