Thursday, 24 February 2011

The fashion-cushion!

 I'm pretty proud about my post-title this time. Hehehe. Heh.

So, I've seen this oversized-shirt at Monki on sale for some time now. And I've really liked the pattern but not the model. So I ended up buying it for the tiny amount of 80 NOK with the intention of re-maiking it to a pillow-case. And this is how that happened:


The shirt was bought and brought home. Look at this nice pattern! Eclectic.

I started by using another pillow-case as a template. Isn't the one pretty too?


Enter my awesome sewing-machine. A gift from A at my 25th birthday.

I knew that I pretty much just wanted to sew two squares of the fabric together and using the existing buttons and holes to put the cushion inside. It actually worked out fine! The sewing itself was totally unplanned with only a vague idea of how it should be done. This can be seen on the final result, but only if you look closely. And honestly, how often do people do that?


Finished! All in all it took about 30 minutes. Except for the 30 minutes when I had some serious trouble threading the machine... I don't use it often enough - when I actually used the manual it was really easy...

3 comments:

  1. The pillow turned out really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also liking the headline :D And the pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It turned out great when you think about how little time I spent making it! :)

    ReplyDelete