Friday, 11 March 2011

Friday top Five - Movies

Today I present a new feature on Magpies at Sunrise - the Friday top Five! And since this is one of my favourite topics, I begin with my top five movies. (They are not ranked in any order, but are just sleceted as my five most favourite ones.)

V for Vendetta
Hugo Weaving, Natalie Portman and Stephen Fry, all completely splendid actors in one beautiful movie. I fell in love with Vs voice. And everything else about this film.




Where the wild things are
The best actor-kid, the best monsters, the best location and the best soundtrack ever. 





Scott Pilgrim vs the World
I had a huge smile on my face during this whole movie. Awesome!




Sin City
I enjoy most comic book-based films, but this is the best one ever made. 





The fith one here was really tricky to chose... I thought about Life Aquatic (I love Wes Anderson) Avatar ( how wonderful was that one? ), Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (yes, it's fabulous!) Cry Baby (silly and awesome), Sherlock Homes (nice with both Robert Downey JR and Jude Law in one film) and of course Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It ended up being a tie between:

Big Fish



and The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus




Both are completely brilliant movies with pretty much all of my favourite actors. And I adore everything that both Tim Burton and Terry Giliam has ever done. Almost. If there's any of these movies you have not seen yet, just do it.

3 comments:

  1. Jag gillar din filmsmak! Måste se Scott Pilgrim vs the World någon dag känner jag nu. Big Fish är kanske den bästa filmen jag vet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack! Tycker nog att dessa täcker in ungefär allt bra som finns. Scott Pilgrim såg jag igen i helgen. Tv-spels-magi mixat med lite tonårs-flash-backs. Strålande. Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind hade nog också kunnat få plats på listan, om den varit lite längre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Måtte inn å se på listen din igjen, jeg har bare sett den vi så i går, så vi må nok ha mer filmkvelder :)

    ReplyDelete