Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Hi there June!

This the first day of June is a rainy day here in Stavanger. But since tomorrow is a work-free day I'm happy anyway. Not that working is bad, but sleeping in is better...


To help keep the rainy-weather-bad-mood away I decided to have yet another go at cup-cake baking. No. I'm going to stick with the term "muffin". Feels better. Anywho. To make it even more advanced I just loosely based my baking on a recipe from my cook-book and improvised with what I had in the cupboards. I made a rather traditional base with dry ingredients (but with more sugar), and divided it into two bowls. Then I added diferent flavouring into the them: in one I had frozen blueberries and the other cocoa-powder, hazel nuts, dark chocolate and hacked Daim ( a brand of chocolate-covered, hard toffee). I did not forget the eggs this time...

I love how the blueberry ones turned out completely purple! Stuffed with antioxidants. And the triple-chocolate ones taste lovely... They are very compact though, have to work on that...
The table cloth is a new purchase by the way! I think it will look really good on the table on the balcony this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment