Monday, 6 June 2011

makeover-Monday

Here I am again, on this awfully rainy Monday... and what am I up to? Well, I'm doing something so uncharacteristic as actually planning a DIY. I usually just come up with an idea and carry it out in pretty much the same moment, but since this project will influence the look of out entire living room I feel the need of a strategy. So, what is this gigantic life-changing  project of mine?


This is our coffee-table. Actually it's more of a dinner table since we mostly eat in front of the TV. ( I know, very immature, but we're not even 30 yet!) Anyway. It's not an interesting table. It's not sexy. It's not exciting. It's not a mid-century curvy-lined beauty made of real wood. What it is is birch veneer. It's IKEA. It's truly bland. And very useful. And since I have not found anything lovely and cheap to replace it during all my visits to Fretex I'm now going to give this old chap a make-over. But I have not really figured out in what direction to go just yet. I'm thinking a paint job could improve it a bit, and today I made some photo-shop alternatives to see what could look nice.

I could make it easy for me and just go with black and white...
or brighten up the place a bit with a happy yellow?
This is A's suggestion. And it's a pretty good one, going all Mondrian on the thing
Or maybe something a bit more organic?
I have not reached any real conclusions yet, but I'm sure I'll get there. I'll keep you updated.... Any opinions?

To accompany this amazing creative process I've been listening to some awesome music by Philter, my new favourite Norwegian artist. Just so you know.

2 comments:

  1. Eller så kan du fortsätta med skat-temat precis som du har på bloggen! De vore fint

    ReplyDelete
  2. det skulle jag kunna! Skator blir ju i alla fall aldrig otrendigt, tänker jag. :)

    ReplyDelete