Saturday, 8 June 2013

6th of June, happy birthday Sweden!

Thusday the 6th of June was the National Day of Sweden. I never really celebrated this day when I lived in Sweden, unless you consider sleeping late and enjoy a day off as celebrating. I guess this is one of the things that changes when you become an "ex-pat" or maybe we just got really influenced by how thoroughly the Norwegians celebrate their day - the 17 of May... anyway, me and my Swedish friend E decided to celebrate with a typical Swedish dinner!


potatoes, spiced salmon, mustard-sauce, different kinds of pickled herring, meatballs red beet salad, eggs, sour cream with chives, Swedish crisp-bread...
eating in the company of a Swedish flag
this food is best enjoyed with beer and snaps
and then finish with strawberries and cream for dessert...

No comments:

Post a Comment