Friday, 30 August 2013

Friday top five: What to watch on TV on a rainy day (or "5 reasons why I love BBC")

Autumn is on it way, and even if autumn and summer isn't all that different here in Stavanger (not so warm, a lot of rain...) I still kind of like it when this time of year comes around. I mean, it's not that I don't approve of being able to walk outside without tights, to sit in the sunshine and drink wine or to work in the garden, it's just, well... I really, really like to sit inside watching movies too... and I always feel a bit bad when I do it and it's sunshine and 20 degrees outside. Plus it's great when I get to wear tights to my skirts and dresses again, because then I don't have to shave my legs as frequently... Anyway, I digress. This Friday top Five is a recommendation to all of you that don't know how you want to spend those rainy days to come. Watch some TV!

Sherlock (mini-series)
Best interpretation of Sherlock Holmes ever. Not that many episodes, but very high quality. Can't wait for season 3. I plan on re-watching them soon.

Doctor Who
Yep, couldn't resist it. It took about 3 episodes of season 1 and I was hooked. Science-fiction/time traveler series including (among everything else) a flying blue box. My favourite Doctor is still David Tennant, but I'm curious about number 12. Has been my "breakfast-show" since I started working again after summer.

Graham Norton Show
All fun, all the time. Talk show with the biggest starts and funniest comedians. I laugh all the time. Works very well with a glass of wine and a friend.

Top Gear
I haven't got the slightest interest in cars, but this show is so much more than a car-show. Pure entertainment. Me and A watch has seen most of the recorded episodes.

QI
One of my idols is Stephen Fry, and I'm not sure I would watch it without him, but this humor-show is hilarious and crazy. A lot of the same people that appear on Graham Norton show a lot is here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment