Friday, 13 September 2013

Cocktail hour

Tonight I was invited to a very Friday-appropriate activity: Cocktail tasting! So I put on a new dress ( I call it my surf-dress because I think the pattern looks like waves, but E thinks it looks more like icebergs so maybe it'll be the Titanic-dress from now on...) and off we went.
The cocktail-tasting took place at The Warehouse, a lovely place close to Breivannet in the middle of Stavanger. We were a group of maybe 25 people that got to learn how to make Gin Tonic, Cuba Libre, Cosmopolitan, Margarita, Dry Martini and Long island Ice-tea. And then we got to experiment ourselves with the help of an experienced bartender. He made me a pretty green drink that I liked. Mostly because of the color...
All in all this was a very nice way to spend a Friday with good friends. Of course I got tired at ten and went home, but still, what can you expect on a Friday?

Tonight's cocktail dress, from Modcloth
Delicious cheese and  olives. I could eat this for hours. 

Ingredients. Apparently you should at least have a decent bottle of gin, vodka, rum, tequila and  Cointreau to be able to make most of the standard cocktails.   



2 comments: