Tuesday, 24 September 2013

London day 1: the day I drank Champagne twice

As a birthday present for my 30th birthday back in May, I got a trip to London from my beloved mr A. I have been looking forward to it so much all this time, and this weekend it was finally time to go and experience all the fun things he had planned for me. We flew in on Friday after work and just had time to have a drink with some friends from our surf-trip earlier this summer, before we went back to the hotel.


We started the Saturday with a hotel breakfast - luxury! - and then A dropped me off at the Ushvani Spa where I had the most amazing massage. This is a truly beautiful place with really friendly and professional staff, I can definitely recommend it... After the spa, we did some shopping, and A bought pretty shoes from Ben Sherman. 




Then we went to have lunch at Bubbledogs, a place that specializes in the rather unorthodox combination of hot dogs and champagne... A great mix it turned out! I had  "fourth of July", a hot dog with coleslaw and BBQ-sauce and it was yummy. The place was really small and cozy, with dog-illustrations on the walls and bubble-shaped lamps all over.





After this we did some more shopping until we were hungry again and then it was time for a visit to the Lanesborough for after-noon-tea. Very British and completely lovely. We had even more champagne, but also strawberries, cucumber-sandwiches, scones, cakes... and loads and loads of tea. I went for a Darjeeling, because of the movie... The place was really beautiful and had perfect service so it was a real hit. I kind of wanted to move in there.




We finished the day in style at the Playhouse where we saw the musical Spamalot. Since we are both Monty Python-fans this suited us perfectly! The actors were great and we laughed a lot. But were not allowed to take photos...



No comments:

Post a Comment