Thursday, 31 October 2013

Peanut-butter chicken

Yesterday I tried a new dish. It is my take on this recipe that I found via Pinterest, of course. It's originally a slow-cooker recipe, but I don't have a slow-cooker (even though since 90% of all food on Pinterest seems to be made in one, I should probably make an investment here) so I had to make my on variation in the oven. Just to warn you, I transformed the cups in the original recipe to dl kind of randomly...
At first I thought it sounded weird to mix salsa and peanut butter, but it turned out great! Except I happened to over cook the noodles so they went all spaghetti-like...


2 large chicken breasts (this makes 3,5 portions)
2 dl  salsa, medium
1/2 dl of peanut butter (I might have used a bit more...)
1 dl coconut milk
1 tbs soy-sauce
2 tbs lime juice
1 garlic-slice

Mix everything. Pour over the chicken and put in the oven in 225 degrees (Celsius!) until done... This might take a while, like 40 minutes or so, but the chicken breasts I used where kind of thick. Serve with noodles (that you don't overcook) and salty peanuts. Yum.




2 comments: