Friday, 22 November 2013

Since there are no more Hunger Games-books:

I loved the Hunger Games trilogy. I liked the first film, I look forward to the second, but I loved the books. I read them quite a while ago, and they inspired me to search for more books in the same genre. Oh, and by the way, this time when I say read, I mean listened to, this is part of my audio-book obsession. I can listen everywhere! Anyway. I've found a bunch of series that are in the same genre, post-apocalyptic dystopian science fiction, and here some of them I recommend!

1. Divergent Trilogy- Veronica Roth
Divergent
Insurgent
Allegiant
I'm just starting on the third book in this series, but it has been really good so far. Not as good as hunger games, but up there. Apparently this too is going to be a film. The world (or at least one city) is divided in to groups of people based on their qualities and traits. Some teach, some guard, some farm. But why?

2. The Maze Runner series- James Dashner
The Maze Runner
The Scorch Trials
The Death Cure
The Kill Order
This is a kind of creepy series, I just finished the third book and didn't actually know there was a fourth one! This to will be a film, and I'm interested in this one because of all of the interesting locations it takes place. Anyway, it's really good, you never know what's real and it's very high paced.

3. The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy - Carrie Ryan
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
The Dead Tossed Waves
The Dark and Hollow Places
Zombies! Everywhere zombies! A bit like The Walking Dead, but kinder. Not as bloody. But still. Not as good as the other tow, but still entertaining. A bit too romantic and soppy at times. I haven't finished the second book yet, but I hope it picks up it pace a bit soon. I just read on Wikipedia that even this book might become a movie!

All these books are marketed to young adults. I choose to see myself as one of those, even though I'm 30 now, but just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment