Thursday, 30 January 2014

I've read: To Kill A Mockingbird

Every now and then I stray away a bit from my usual sci-fi and fantasy books. This time it was when reading the classic To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I've been meaning to read this for a long time and lets just say I'm glad I did. 
Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird
This is one of those books that are not impossible to put down, but as soon as you do you long to pick it up and continue reading again. Even though the story isn't epic it touches on very important themes, such as race, class and innocence. The tempo is kind of slow at times but it never stops being interesting, and the story is told with such warmth and humor you sit there and smile a lot. The story take place in a town in Alabama, in the 1930s. It is told by a six-year-old girl, Scout, and focuses on events happening to her, her borther Jem and father Atticus as well as the other people in her town, all described in a way that makes it easy to picture them in front of you hand hear there voices.


No comments:

Post a Comment