Sunday, 16 February 2014

Valentine's dessert



We don't really have a set way we celebrate Valentines Day. Some years we don't. Some years we do. My mom usually remembers it better than I do, and when we were kids (and teenagers if I don't remember incorrectly we used to get valentines day candy from her. My mom is great.
But the Amazing A is pretty good too! This year we opted for a laid back evening at home, just cooking dinner. Pretty much as every other Friday, except this this day I was responsible for dessert and A was would make the main course. As I always do when it comes to food, I browsed around for a while on Pinterest, and then I picked the best out of a couple of recipes and made my own thing. My own thing is always a very easy thing, when it comes to cooking. I like to think "how can achieve the same good taste with only half the work?" The easiest way is always to let someone else do most of the work, and this time I cheated by using ready made chocolate mix. But it's silly to say cheated... I like to spend time on other thing than cooking, and that's me making a choice, not cheating.

For 4 portions of my "should-have-been-a-cheese-cake-but-ended-up-something-else-chocolate-shock-dessert" you need:
  • 1 package of Oreo-cookies
  • 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter
  • 1 package of chocolate-mouse dry mix (mine was to be mixed with 1 dl of whipped cream and 1 dl of milk)
  • 1 banana
  • a bunch of tiny Oreo's




Remove the in-between sugary stuff from the coockies and smash the up together with the mnelted butter. (This is obviously inspired by cheese-cake and Digestive...). Divide out in four glasses. Prepare the chocolate mouse and add to the Oreo mix. Let cool in the fridge for a while, say as long as it takes for someone else to prepare the main course. Just before eating, add a couple of slizes of banana and one of those cute mini-Oreo's. Eat and be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment