Thursday, 20 February 2014

winter brunch

Here's a recipe that I tried this weekend and that I recommend if you are cold and hungry and in need of comfort food. I found it here and mostly followed it.

For 2 large portions, you'll need:


  • 3-4 sweet potatoes, not very big
  • 4  chorizo sausages
  • 2 eggs
  • fresh rosemary
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • butter to fry in
  • 1 large onion





Start by chopping up the sweet potatoes in small pieces, like an inch or so. The next time I'm doing this I'm actually not going to peel them, but this time I did. Mince the garlic and the rosemary and toss together with the sweet potatoes in a bowl with some olive oil. Then just shove in the oven for 30 min or so (on 200 degrees Celsius) until soft. Meanwhile, fry the onion in butter, until dark brown. Then fry the sausage. The original recipe told to fry in different pans, but I simplified by just frying everything together. Serve with a fried egg on top!








No comments:

Post a Comment