Tuesday, 13 May 2014

mirror, mirror on the wall

One of my garden projects this year was to add a mirror to the back wall. A mirror you say, why the h*ll would you want a mirror in your garden? Well, it's not so much that I miss the fact I haven't been able to gaze into my own deep blue eyes so much as I wanted to create a little bit of an illusion back there. You see, the space behind our house is kind of narrow, and I wanted to open it up somehow. The mirror gives the illusion of extra space (a trick very much used in interior design) and combined with a shelf I'm turning the mirror into a fake window. I think it works pretty good, at least it is a fun and unexpected feature (unless you browse garden-inspiration on Pinterest as much as I, then you've seen it before...)



My hope is that the sweet-pea in the pot to the left will grow over and around the mirror, that would look sooo great...


Both the mirror and the "windowsill" is secondhand finds that I painted with the same white facade-paint as the wall they'rehanging on. I sealed the mirror with some silicone just to prevent too much water leaking in between the glass and the frame, but I honestly don't see this as a very long term thing, it will look good as long as it will.



No comments:

Post a Comment