Monday, 26 May 2014

Things I have opinions about

I rarely write about my political views or my beliefs in general here on the blog. Mostly because I don't think I would be very good at it but also because I want to focus on light-hearted things that makes me happy here. Simple as that. But that doesn't mean that I don't have opinions or that I am afraid of expressing them. So, just to be clear, here's some of the things I believe in or think is important:

  • I am a feminist. That means I think men and women should be treated equally in all situations. 
  • I don't mind paying taxes
  • I don't care what color your skin has or what language you speak, it's how you act - not where you were born that matters to me
  • Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual and transsexual people should have the same rights and no one should have to be afraid to be open about their orientation 
  • I am an atheist. But I believe in everyone's right to believe in whatever they like
  • I don't mind drinking alcohol but I don't like getting drunk
  • Hitting children should be illegal everywhere
  • Guns kill people. People shouldn't have guns. Period. 
  • I think we should work harder for a more healthy environment
  • I don't like animal-testing and think animal rights are an important issue. But I am not a vegetarian. Yet.


2 comments:

  1. We share many opinions. I feel quite strongly about the ethical treatment of animals. I have been vegan, but I find purchasing ethical meat is a stronger statement than not eating any. I think I have more of an impact choosing well cared for chicken eggs then avoiding them. Plus it is far easier for people to adjust to a higher price than a changed diet. Then again, meat is very expensive environmentally, so there should still be a reduction. I wonder if we will see that in our lifetimes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you there! I'm now trying to find organicly produced chicken here in Stavanger - not always so eays - because that's the meat I eat most often, and I am ashamed over how that industry works... I don't eat a lot of meat on a general basis, but eggs I always buy organic, that's easy to find and actually not much more expencive than the "normal" ones. The chicken meat though, I think it is 3 times more expensive, so it's a question about reducing how often you eat it. I just heard a radio documentary about introducing more insects as proteins in our diets, as that would have a smaller inpact on the environment, that's interesting!

    ReplyDelete