Friday, 13 June 2014

Random photos from the garden

All of a sudden things are just popping up and growing like crazy in the garden! After being so impatient all of spring, now I kind of want it to slow down so I can enjoy it...








I've had some real problems with aphids on all of my roses this year, plus on some of my other plants, the black currant especially. I don't remember them being this many last year, maybe it's the warm spring? Anyway, I started "treating" the issue (i.e killing those green little vexations) with soap water, but that hasn't worked very well. I've now resorted to a spray bought from a garden-center, but I'd rather find a natural poison for them. E suggested water mixed with chili, so I think I might try that next... I'll keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment