Friday, 18 July 2014

Farmers market at Utstein Monastery

Though I feel I've mostly spent time in our house so far this vacation - I have actually made one day trip with my friend K and her family. I tagged along when they decided to visit a farmers market at Utstein Monastery, on the island Mosteröy, 45 minutes drive or so from Stavanger. I've been there before, and it is one of those places I recommend people to visit if they ever find themselves in this region. The old monastery is located on a small hill, overlooking a bay and surrounded by pasturage. I love this landscape, how green and gray and open it is. I want to pet all of the fluffy sheep and climb every singe one of the amazing stone walls.










We were all pleasantly surprised by the market, not only by the products but by the price, so I ended up buying quite a bit of produce there - yellow beets, herbs, various tomatoes, broccoli and some lovely elderberry lemonade...

No comments:

Post a Comment