Sunday, 6 July 2014

Running around with a little help from my friends

Right now I have a goal to become one of those people who can go out for a run - and like it. I really, really don't, but I really want to. As it is now, I hate pretty much every second of my very short runs, and I'm trying to figure out if there are any trick to maybe not loving it but liking it. I think the best tactic is to just start, and while you get better, you'll enjoy it more. But even so, I need some kind of carrot. Nice exercise gear is one of them, and today I tried to run with these happy shoes that T gave me since they didn't fit her. Also, as I like to compete, I decided to do so with myself by recording my run-statistics, and borrowed some gadgets from E (a holder for my iPhone so I can use the Endomondo-app and listen to Spotify) and A (a heart rate monitor) to do just that. This made the whole horrible experience if not enjoyable, at least interesting. Even if it rained. Now I just need to create the perfect playlist and go out and do this every now and then...




My plan is to start slowly, after my vacation (I'm not kidding myself that I will exercise during...) when I'll get back into some kind of routine. We'll see... At least I know that my gear works and have set a benchmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment