Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Weekend in Utrecht

Sorry for the blog-silence! We went to Utrecht in the Netherlands this weekend for a wedding, so I wasn't able to update... I forgot to pack my camera (rookie mistake) so A's camera-phone had to do.




I hadn't been to Utrecht before but I absolutely loved it! Every time I visit the Netherlands I think that it would be nice to move here some day...



We splurged on a really nice hotel this time (Karel V), and wasn't disappointed! I mean - there was a canopy over the bed and the breakfast included champagne, fresh strawberries and a chocolate fountain. 


We didn't have time for a lot of sightseeing, but we took a long walk to have a look at one of my favourites from architectural history - the Rietveld Schröder House by Gerrit Rietveld from 1929. It's a beauty. 


The whole Saturday was occupied by the wedding at an estate in Amerongen. I was dressed in this red/pink assemble, and felt smart for bringing an extra pair of shoes - flats suitable for the garden games.


Live painting of the party. Fun and fancy!


A was wearing his Batman cuffs. My kind of guy.


Spectacular ending of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment