Saturday, 16 August 2014

high intensity cooking

I have mentions several times here on the blog that cooking isn't really my thing. But I like to eat so every once in a while I have to do it. My strategy when it comes to cooking is to 1. simple is best, and 2. while your at it - why not cook for the entire week so you don't have to do it again?



Now that both A and I are back at work and both of us are more busy in the evenings I really like to have something in the freezer that I can just pop in the micro-wave when A eats dinner at work. So on Thursday I had my food preparation day, making two big loads of soup, hummus, plus both breakfast muffins and some smoothie packages so that I'll easily can get back in to good breakfast routines again. There was a lot of bowls and cutting boards in the kitchen at the same time, and the trick is to keep the different project separated, so you don't end up with chili in you muffins or banana in your soup. If you don't like that kind of thing, of course. It took two hours, but that included cleaning the kitchen, and now I have so much food in the freezer nothing more will fit in there. I store the soup in plastic bags, one portions in each. It takes up less space and  they are easy to defrost.



The soups I made was this one with broccoli and sweet-potato, and this spicy one  - but I only had tofu in it, no shrimp.



The breakfast muffins I did this time bacically only included oatmeal, some nuts, egg, baking powder, apple-sauce and banana. They turned out really moist and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment