Tuesday, 9 September 2014

#ootd On short skirts

Today when I woke up I was in a bit of a hurry since I had decided to snooze for 1,5 h and didn't have a plan on what to wear. Oh well, I was only going to sit in front of my computer the whole day, working on some office layouts so I just wanted to put something comfortable and warm on. Which I did. Before I left the house I also decided in the spur of the moment (because it wasn't raining) to try out a new pair of shoes I bough a while back. But then at work I got a comment (which was meant as a compliment, I'm sure) from one of my colleagues on how chic I looked with such a short skirt...

And the rest of the day I caught myself pulling at them hem of the skirt and wondering if maybe I'm too old, or too curvy to wear this length of skirt. But then I realized that I don't mind this length on other people, and that I should try to give myself a break. Plus, my mom tells me I look good in skirts above knee-length, and this precise dress was actually a gift from my dad...

Isn't it sad how you can let an off hand comment mess up your mind like that?





Dress and cardigan: old ones from Zara, tights from Monki and shoes from Filippa K

No comments:

Post a Comment