Thursday, 16 April 2015

An example of a very thoughtful gift

This Christmas my sweet friend E got me a gift that was so well thought-out and useful: a seed keeper! Didn't know you needed one? Neither did I, but now I do. It took a while for me to actually start using it but now that gardening season has started and I have seed-projects going on on every available windowsill I have fully realized its use and potential.



I went through my seed collection and sorted out the old ones and put the ones left in the envelopes in the organizer. On the envelopes you mark when you planted the seed and then when/if you harvest. I'm not sure how useful exactly that function is, but it so much better to keep the seeds here than laying around in various drawers in the kitchen or shed. Looks nicer too.



No comments:

Post a Comment