Saturday, 4 April 2015

experimenting with hair color

I have now had the same dark brown hair-color for over a year, which is really unusual for me. It has been a matter of convenience (I've been coloring it at home so I've know what results I get) plus I kind of think it suits me. But now I'm bored and want change. Going from really dark to light at home isn't really easy though but my friend T had tried a home "de-coloring" product called ColorB4 and had pretty good results so I decided to try that. I bought the stuff but then didn't come around to try it until yesterday, since I wanted to have enough free time to do something about it if it turned out horrible. Funny thing is that I read a blog post just a few day ago over at Polichinelle where she had tried the exact same product so then I was reassured enough to give it a try.

This is me before. And yes, I'm growing out my fringe. It's such an annoying thing to do, but I figured it's better to do it now my hair is so short...


And during. The product was supposed to be in your hair for an hour and then it's all rince and repeat, rince and repeat for like half an hour. Tedious. Especially once the hot water runs out...


And after - tadaa! Not a huge difference no. My hair is a bit lighter, but the biggest difference is that is now has more of a redish tone. My hair has about 2 cm of its natural color and then the lengths are darker since they have been colored repeatedly ( it is more obvious here since the light comes from above), but that was pretty much the case before the treatment too. It's no big deal, I don't mind it but I had hoped for a slightly lighter result so I could color it a medium ash blond or something. I might ask my hairdresser friend M if she want to try to do high lights in this...


No comments:

Post a Comment