Friday, 16 October 2015

Frequent flyer


I don't even remember how many times I've been on a plane this year. On average two take-offs and landings a month, maybe? In an environmental point of view this is rather horrible, and something I should try to minimize in the future. But. There's another aspect here as well. Six years ago I wouldn't  set my foot on a plane. The thought of spending time in an aircraft in the air made my hands sweaty, and I felt bad just looking at planes in the air from the ground. It had been like that for five years,  even though I flew quite frequently as I grew up, but I got more and more scared during my teenage years and in my early twenties it got worse until I completely stopped flying when I was 24. But I got over that. It took time, but I did and I'm proud of it. And I don't think it would have happen if I hadn't made all of these short flights within Scandinavia over the past few years. Slowly relaxing. At first I used to go up to the air-hosts/hostesses the first thing after we had reached cruising height to hang out and let them calm me down a bit, but after a while I didn't have to. Now I'm even able to sleep on planes!








No comments:

Post a Comment