Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Mindfulness? Ain't nobody got time for that

I removed the Facebook app from my phone this week. And downloaded a couple of meditation apps instead. Turns out they sucked and the whole point was to spend less time on my phone anyway, so they got deleted. Thing is I feel just a teeny bit to tied to my phone. I rely on it for pretty much everything and my first reflex when I am a bit bored, or just need a moments distraction is to pick it up. I know most people are like this these days and it's fine, I just feel like the phone is sucking energy out that I could have spent on more creative stuff, like painting or whatever.
I am not one of those who believe our surfing-habits decreases the amount of time we spend being social, I am honestly more social now then I've been for years and that has in many ways to do with how low the threshold is when it comes to contacting people via Messenger. But anyway. I want to cut back, just a bit. I'll let you know how that turns out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment