Wednesday, 6 January 2016

New Years resolutions 2016

This year's resolutions will be trickier than usual. Many things are going on, and to be honest I'm not sure where I'll be at the end of 2016. But more on that another time. There are however a few general things I would like to focus on, plus a few very specific ones. I liked the format of last years New years resolutions, so I'll just continue the same way!



Three experiences I want to have during 2016
  • getting married
  • visit a country in Asia
  • go to Herräng Dance camp, again.
Three New skills I want to learn
  • how to sit in lotus position - Sukhasana, let's give that another shot!
  • learn the Tranky Do (an authentic jazz routine)!
  • learn how to tap! 
Three New habits to aim for
  • stop snoozing, let's give it another shot, too!
  • eat less meat. I don't think I'll ever be a true vegetarian, but I would like to keep reducing my meat intake. Imagine the impact on the environment if we viewed meat as a luxury item instead of something we eat everyday? I don't eat that much as it is now, but I'd like to become even more aware and explore more vegetarian options.
  • eat breakfast, regularly. 
Three health-related things I should do
  • figure out what to do with my cross-eyedness. This is becoming an ever more annoying issue
  • get my back back in order. I've had to take a break from Roller Derby because of my really crappy back. I need to get my shit together and work hard on the exercises by physiotherapists have given me. And maybe start doing yoga for real again. And go hiking. Although I think that's pretty boring. 
  • go on a checkup at a OB/GYN
Three fun things I want to do more often
  • read (actually read, not listen to) books. My addiction to audiobooks have only become more and more apparent over the years - I can't fall asleep without them and I can't stand for it to be quiet whenever I'm walking somewhere or doing any chores at home. But I've pretty much stopped reading "real" books. One of the reasons is that it makes my eyes hurt, but I also never take the time to just sit down and focus on one thing. This year I plan to read more and try more diverse types of books to broaden my horizons a bit. Maybe I should join a book club? 
  • dance lindy hop, blues and tap, at any given opportunity. 
  • go on walks with my friends. Such a good way of catching up and de-stressing.
Three creative things I want to start doing again in 2016
  • blog more! I actually think it's fun, but 2015 was a really lazy year, blog wise. I hope to remedy that in 2016. 
  • paint. Both with acrylic paint that I've tried quite a lot before, but also with water colors that I think is really tricky. Maybe also draw...
  • taking more pictures with my DSLR, and make photo-books and albums

No comments:

Post a Comment