- Peal 500g of Jerusalem artichoke and 3-4 potatoes.
- Slice them and 2 garlic cloves up and fry in a pan with oil or butter
- Add 1,5dl of white wine. I used a sweet Riesling because I love it and that's the only white wine we have in our house. Boil for a minute.
- Add 0,5 l of water and 2 stock cubes. I used the vegetable kind, but I'm sure pretty much any would do
- Boil for 1,5 min until soft
- Use hand blender and blend until smooth
- Add 3 dl of cream
- Serve with parma ham you have dried in the oven (5-10 min on 150 degrees C) and some apple purée
I first had this exact combination on a new years eve about 10 years or so ago. I've loved it ever since, and it is such a luxury to eat. It's thick and creamy, have a combination of different textures, and the salty ham with the sweet and sour apples balances the earthy Jerusalem artichoke perfectly. Nom.