Wednesday, 27 January 2016

the best soup in the world

is this Jerusalem artichoke soup. This is what you do:

  • Peal 500g of Jerusalem artichoke and 3-4 potatoes. 
  • Slice them and 2 garlic cloves up and fry in a pan with oil or butter
  • Add 1,5dl of white wine. I used a sweet Riesling because I love it and that's the only white wine we have in our house. Boil for a minute.
  • Add 0,5 l of water and 2 stock cubes. I used the vegetable kind, but I'm sure pretty much any would do
  • Boil for 1,5 min until soft
  • Use hand blender and blend until smooth
  • Add 3 dl of cream
  • Serve with parma ham you have dried in the oven (5-10 min on 150 degrees C) and some apple purée
  • Enjoy





I first had this exact combination on a new years eve about 10 years or so ago. I've loved it ever since, and it is such a luxury to eat. It's thick and creamy, have a combination of different textures, and the salty ham with the sweet and sour apples balances the earthy Jerusalem artichoke perfectly. Nom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment