Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Trying out wedding dresses

A wedding dress is a bit of a tricky thing, right? I mean, on the one hand you (or at least I) want to take the chance to doll yourself up and look all fancy, but then on the other hand you want to be comfortable and look like you. Or a good version of you. Or me, in this case, obviously. I had some pretty clear ideas of what I wanted, for once, to achieve this. Here's some favorites from my Pinterest wedding board:

Long sleeves, preferably lace ones. I mean, it's February.
1, 2, 3 

Pretty or unique details

4, 5, 6 


tea length or shorter

7, 8, 9


Nope, you will not get to see what dress I'm wearing, not yet! But I'll show you a couple of the runner ups... I decided pretty quickly that I wanted to go for a vintage dress, and since I've been following Elsa Billgren's blog and her vintage wedding-dress-rental business for a long time it seemed obvious to rent from her. I contacted her in November and was lucky that she had time to receive me while I was on holiday in Sweden over Christmas. Me and my mom traveled up from Gothenburg to Stockholm, and together with my brother and my friend V, I went to Elsa's studio to try on some dresses.





I think I tried on about 10-15 dresses and all of them where beautiful. It was impressive how Elsa could see what would fit me, even though some of them where a bit too tight for my taste... It was difficult to chose though. Long or short, clean and elegant or festive and with bows and lace? I had to take a few days at home, going though the pictures to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. Åh, det måste vara så himla häftigt att få testa bröllopsklänningar! Vi har inte ens börjat närma oss vårt bröllop än trots att vi varit förlovade i några år men det här är verkligen en stund jag kan längta efter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jo, det var häftigt! Och lite konstigt! :) I morgon skall den komma till användning!

    ReplyDelete