Tuesday, 14 June 2016

from Stavanger to Panaga: a travel journal with crappy iPhone photos from me to you

So after ca 30 hours of traveling I finally arrived in Panaga, Brunei the night between Thursday and Friday last week. I haven't done much since, mostly tried to recover from a pretty bad case of jet lag and adapting to the heat - plus driving back and forth from the quarantine facilities where the cats are. And yes, you red correctly, I have been driving! Poor, scared old me and my stupid eyes have been driving around, on the left side, in a car with automatic gears (that I used to hate driving) and in completely new surroundings, in darkness and thunderstorms. And I have been doing it LIKE A BOSS! I'm proud of myself. 

Anyway. The trip here was pretty tiresome, but totally OK. I mean I was treated to business class tickets so I have nothing to complain about. It was just long. And I was sad for leaving my friends behind so it was a bit emotional. 



I left Stavanger and Norway at two in the afternoon on the 8th, my sweet Alison drove me to the airport and waved me off. It was sad. And exciting.
I landed in Amsterdam at about three thirty and got to hang out in the lounge for five hours until my next flight took off at nine. Luckily I could watch Netflix on my phone for almost the whole time, so I didn't really suffer...




The flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur took 12, 5 hours but I was comfortable the whole time. I didn't sleep much but watched the new Mr Holmes movie that was pretty good, and loads of old Big Bang Theory episodes. 


In Kuala Lumpur I had to wait for another five hours or so for my final flight, and by now I started to feel tired and not very clean... also I felt sea sick from sleeping on the plane. It happens.



On the final leg of my trip, from KL to the capital of Brunei - Bandar Seri Begawan - I was alone in business class and got very spoiled. Sweet. This flight is only about 2 hours long, but I did get another meal. Pretty tasty! 


Ar the airport in BSB everything went smoothly, I got all of my luggage really fast, and going through both customs and immigration control went without any hiccups. So far all of the people I've met working in places like this have been very nice and helpful. 

After a 1,5 hour drive I met Andreas at the apartment hotel in Panaga where he's been staying for the past 5 weeks since he got here. And then I kept him awake for an hour between 2 and 3 am to tell him all about my trip. That's the kind of sweet wife I am. 

Anyway, now I'm here and the fun can begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment