Friday, 8 July 2016

the dining room: before + mood

One thing I'm really happy about is that this house doesn't have an open plan solution with an open kitchen. I like that you can hide the mess from cooking when you are eating. That makes the dining experience way nicer, I think! I like to design my home after the way I will use it most of the time, and the "preparing food while socializing with my guests" will never happen in any home of mine. That little rant brings me to the 5th space I want to share with you, the dining room, the final part of the big living room.

Before:





Mood board:

inspiration from: 1, 2 and 3

I don't have too much to say about this space. The mood board is mostly based on the furniture I know will be there, but with some upgrades. We have the BestÃ¥ glass cabinet but are planning to upgrade the look of it with new legs from Prettypegs so that it will match our mid century dining table. I'm not entirely sure what carpet I want here, we threw the blue one away when we packed up our stuff in Stavanger, so I guess I just have to see what I find. 

Shopping list:
  • Prettypegs: Kurt 180
  • Carpet, either black & white or green. 
  • Big plant plus planter
  • Low and narrow cabinet for under the window
  • Fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment