Friday, 5 August 2016

I've read: the night circus

By Erin Morgenstern


This is the best book I've read in a long time. Now, I'm not sure if that says more about the others I've read lately than it does about this book in particular, but it was reeeeally good. A perfect balance between magic and romance, it's both exciting and imaginative, just the way I like my stories - or fairytales - to be.

The story is about a secret magical contest hidden in plain sight within a wonderful and elusive circus. Two young magicians compete by trying to outdo the other in creating more and more fantastic experiences within the tents at the circus. This story is filled with interesting characters, beautiful turn-of-the-last-century scenery and magic, of course. It makes me want to visit the circus in question, or maybe even run away with it.


Unfortunately this is the only book Erin Morgenstern has written so far, and in impatiently waiting for the next one, hoping it will be equally good. What imagination she has! And what beautiful worlds she can create! 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete