Saturday, 19 November 2016

I've read: looking for Alaska

by John Green


I've wanted to read this book for a long time. I remember writing it down in my "to read" list maybe five years ago. I haven't read any other books by Green, nor seen any of the movies based of books by him, The fault in our stars, or Paper towns. I bought this one at the airport in Bali on the way home and it only took me two days to finish.

Anyway. This is such a great story, with characters, language and situations that draw you in. The narrator is the boy Miles, and the story is about his junior year at a boarding school in Alabama and the friends he makes there. It's a story about being a teenager, about being in love and about famous last words. 


The chapters are called "Eighty seven days before", "Forty five days before" and so on, so all along you expect something big to happen. And of course it does. 


Green writes in a way that just keeps you reading, without much thinking about the words, somehow. In the best way. I really liked this book, 

No comments:

Post a Comment