Wednesday, 4 January 2017

I'm having a go with Promarkers

One of my goals with the time I'm going to spend here in Brunei is to work on my drawing skills. I used to draw a lot when I was a child but ever since I started working I felt a huge lack of inspiration and pretty much stopped all together... I'm ok with drawing, not close to being a pro, but I enjoy it and sometimes I'm even satisfied with the results of what I do. There are a few techniques I want to try and play around with, and using Promarkers is one of them. I've seen what amazing stuff Anna and Bokkei have done and it is really inspiring. So I wanted to have a go. I don't pretend I'll get anywhere close to their skill, these two girls are professionals, but it just looks like so much fun, and it is a media I've never really tried before. When it comes to what to draw I've always been drawn to portraits, so I'm going to start with that. My plan is to find photos that I like, preferably portrait of people I admire, and try to draw them, in my own way. This below are a few my first attempts so far. They are all inspired by (copied) photos of women I follow on Instagram. The first of them is the super talented and beautiful artist Mab Graves...



Don't you think that first sketch look like Owen Wilson by the way?!



... and the other is Amanda/Haus of Mandy Meow another cool and beautiful girl. 





I'm struggling with the eyes, they both look a bit cross eyed... But since I'm cross eyed myself  I guess I could just see that as my own personal touch..  otherwise I liked working with the pens and I feel like I want to keep trying. It is really hard to get even surfaces and I feel like there are a lot of colors I don't have... Mostly it just feels really good to work with my hands again and not just sit in front of the computer all the time. I'm going to continue collecting inspiring photos I find and keep practicing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment