Sunday, 22 January 2017

my creative challenge #1 DIY Wall planters, painted pots and other things

OK, so time to summarize how creative I've been the first weeks of 2017!

The month started a bit slow, I mostly spent time cleaning up in our office to prepare for the new semester. Not very creative work but nice to get it done. But then this past week I really got started with a few projects, mainly for our bathroom and office. I haven't been painting or drawing much, hope to change that for the next update.

Fabric in a frame:
I found this frame in a thrift shop over a year ago. It was brown then and didn't have any glass in it, but I saw the potential and spray painted it gold. I then actually used it to display the seating arrangements at our wedding party! Combined with a piece of tropical fabric I bought in Sweden this summer it turned in to a very nice decoration for the office.


Small chest of drawers makeover:
I believe I've had this piece since I first moved away from home. Back in... 2009 (?) I decorated it with pages from an old Norwegian book I thrifted, but I've never really been a fan of the grey frame. I've been pretty fed up with the look of it for years and now I finally got around to fix it up into something a bit more neutral. I had scrape the paper off and then sand it all down, but it still looks a quite uneven if you take a close look. But I don't really mind, it's better now than it was before. White spray paint for the frame, leftover window-frame paint for the drawers and black spray paint for the



Updating a flower pot
It's hard to find nice flower pots here! Most people seem to use just the faux terracotta ones. I didn't bring that many pots from Norway and I want loads of plants inside now so I guess I'll just have to make do with the red-brown plastic ones. Booo. I didn't at all like the look of the big pot standing on top of the shelf in our bathroom so I decided to give it a makeover! Acrylic paint for the win!


DIY bathroom wall planter: 
Another plant related thing! I'm going to make a full post about this because I'm so happy with how easy this was and how good it turned out, but here's a sneak peek.



Ongoing:
I have a few ongoing paintings that I want to finish before I start something new. After giving this one some love on Thursday I can feel much more optimistic about the outcome than I did before.

2 comments:

  1. ÅH vad roligt att du valt att sammanfatta veckorna såhär, jag tror verkligen du kommer finna ett värde i det (det har jag gjort!) :) Så fint med många växtprojekt också och såna där jag-borde-ta-itu-med-saker som en går runt och tänker på nån gång om dagen men som aldrig blir av, förutan just i dessa förändringens tider i januari. Heja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja, jag har verkligen redan fått nytta av den där extra kicken att "nu är det inte långt till nästa sammanfattning, borde rita lite eller nåt". Tack för inspirationen! :)

      Delete