Tuesday, 31 January 2017

resolutions check, January

OK, so here's the first post where I'm going to check in on how I'm doing on my New Years resolutions! I'll only cover the "ten specific things" from this post plus the three additions I made later, the others are to vague to summarize this early on. So, how have I done so far?


  • Paint my toenails often. Because looking down on brightly colored toes makes me happy.
    turns out you really don't have to paint especially often, since polish on the toenails stay forever! But yeah, I have totally had happy toenails all month
  • Run 10K, once. Like without stopping for a rest
    well, I'm on my way, sort off. I have started running a little bit, but the longest so far has been 3,1 km. It's a start, though!
  • Take an online photo course and start to use my camera on "manual" setting
    Haven't started yet, but one of my university courses I'm doing this semester focuses a lot on image editing and Photoshop, so at least I know I will improve in that field.
  • Bake my own bread, at least once
    Not yet!
  • Find one really good friend in Brunei
    I'm slowly getting to know more people, but I haven't got a bestie here yet
  • Take 60 kg in bench press
    Status 45 kg with max 5 repetitions. I haven't tried max weight yet, but I feel confident the 60 kg goal is within reach by the end of this year.
  • Make one new proper friend via Instagram or a blog
    No news here!
  • Start an online portfolio
    Not yet.
  • Grow my hair long and learn how to make a Dutch braid.
    Haha, well I haven't cut it so it's longer than it was on January 1st! Haven't tried a Dutch braid yet though...
  • Read 20 books, 5 of them non-fictional
    I've finished one fictional book this month.
  • Be nicer to my skin: use lotion on my dry hands and legs on a daily basis and develop some kind of skin-care routine for my little face. Plus use at least SPF20 on my face, every day
    Eh, the spf thing I haven't done. I'm honestly not outside that much! But I think I'm getting a bit better at the lotion thing.
  • Only eat good candy, not boring candy. And enjoy it. 
    Mmmm. I still have Swedish candy I bought and received as Christmas gifts when I was home in December so yes...
  • Try to reduce my screen time a little bit.
    Maybe a bit yes! Party because I've kept myself busy with various projects at home, plus reading course literature, but also because our internet connection has been very unstable the past weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Fine nyttårsforsett! Relativt ambisiøse, men også relativt overkommelige.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk! Ja, jeg syns nok de aller fleste er overkommelige! De jeg sliter med nå er fotokurset og online-portfolion men året er jo fortsatt ungt! :D

      Delete