Tuesday, 17 January 2017

the day I bought a pomegranate

It's time to talk a little bit about food! I wanted to share some deliciousness I managed to make the other day. The idea was based on a warm salad my mom made while I was back home over Christmas, and since it was so tasty I wanted to make something similar.

This is what you do:

  • Get bulgur or quinoa (I used a mix of both) and boil according to instructions 
  • Rinse some beans from a can, this time I used black beans, but I guess any kind would do 
  • While you wait for the grains to be done and the beans to dry off a bit you chop up something you like the taste of. I chose peaches and pomegranate this time, but I've also used used bell peppers and avocado before
  • Add some walnuts for crunchiness and haloumi for salty yumminess. You could also use feta cheese. That too is yum

As you can tell from this very unstructured explanation this is a recipe that is easy to change and mix up, just start with grains and some beans to make it a bit filling and then use whatever you have at home.  I'm glad I can add this vegetarian, easy and tasty dish to my weekday dinner repertoire. 

As a bonus I had some leftover seeds from the pomegranate when this was done, so I ended up making a really tasty smoothie bowl as well. In that I used maybe half a cup of pomegranate seeds, one frozen banana, about a cup of frozen strawberries, some almond milk and a dash of orange juice. Topped with half a banana, some more seeds and chopped hazel nuts. Soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment