Monday, 6 February 2017

our first wedding anniversary

I can't believe I've been married for a year! Honestly, I still think it feels a bit weird saying I'm married, me and Andreas were a couple for so long before we got hitched I guess this status will take a while to sink in. Plus, it just sounds so gown up! If you want to know a bit more about what it looked like when we got married and maybe immerse yourself in some of the planning I did before the big day(s) you should have a look at the our wedding category, to the right.

I don't think I ever showed you our rings, way back when, so I'll do that now instead.


Both me and Andreas are wearing plain platinum bands. In Sweden the tradition says that you both exange plain rings when you get engaged, and then the bride gets another, usually a bit more blingy ring on the wedding day. We didn't really follow those traditions to the letter, but I did get two rings and Andreas, poor him, only one. My wedding ring, is a art deco ring that Andreas bought online, from Australia. I hadn't really a set idea what I wanted, but mentioned that it would be nice with a vintage ring when we started talking about it. Andreas then did some research and showed me photos of a few (many) rings to get an idea what I liked. I think we were both equally excited and a bit nervous when the ring showed up and we got to see it for the first time. I absolutely love it. It's a diamond and platinum ring, and from the side it looks like a little crown! We waited to buy our plain rings until we recieved this one so we could find a style the worked together. They are all in platinum, partly because we wanted all of them to be in the same material but also because platinum is supposed to be more durable. I like how my two rings are do very different from each other.

I actually don't have the diamond ring on everyday, since I think it's too pretty to wear around the house when I'm just studying or doing house chores. But that just makes it even more special those days I put it on.

Happy anniversary, Andreas! Du är bäst!

No comments:

Post a Comment