Wednesday, 1 March 2017

resolutions check, february

It March and all of a sudden it's time to check back in and see how I'm doing on my New Years resolutions! So, was February a success?


  • Paint my toenails often. Because looking down on brightly colored toes makes me happy.
    Yep! But my choice to go fro gold wasn't all that inspiring, it looked a bit too dirty for my taste.
  • Run 10K, once. Like without stopping for a rest
    Sooo, here's the deal. I DID IT! I've been following this program on my Runtastic app, and already two weeks ago I managed to jog 10 kilometers. It took a while, but I didn't stop. So, should I update this goal or just... stop now? I think I'll keep on this program, with the goal of running 10K in under 60 minutes. We'll see if I can keep my motivation. 
  • Take an online photo course and start to use my camera on "manual" setting
    Nope, nothing new here. More than that I'm frustrated on how bad I am. 
  • Bake my own bread, at least once
    Nope, not even semlor...
  • Find one really good friend in Brunei
    I'm slowly getting to know more people, but I haven't got a bestie here yet
  • Take 60 kg in bench press
    Haven't really increased that much here, status 45 kg with max 6 repetitions. 
  • Make one new proper friend via Instagram or a blog
    No news here!
  • Start an online portfolio
    Not yet. But I'm making plans. Maybe the online portfolio will end up being a homepage.
  • Grow my hair long and learn how to make a Dutch braid.
    Weeeeell. I gave it a shot once or twince, but I have to keep practising! Hair keeps growing though, don't have to put much effort into that.
  • Read 20 books, 5 of them non-fictional
    I've finished one fictional book this month and began reading one fictinal and one non-fictional. But non of them have really caught my interest so my progress is quite slow. This is not including my school books though, I actually like them quite a lot.
  • Be nicer to my skin: use lotion on my dry hands and legs on a daily basis and develop some kind of skin-care routine for my little face. Plus use at least SPF20 on my face, every day
    I totally managed to burn my neck and shoulders this weekend... otherwise it's ok, but I would like to get into a routine where I use a mask like once a week.
  • Only eat good candy, not boring candy. And enjoy it. 
    Almost only good candy. I still have a little bit of Swedish candy left but had to "dilute" it a bit with what i could find at SupaSave and it's not that awesome. 
  • Try to reduce my screen time a little bit.
    I've been reading quite a lot, but I have also watched the four first Batman movies and the Netflix series the OA, plus me and Andreas are in the middle of watching all of the Bourne movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment