Tuesday, 13 June 2017

May review

I'm back in front of the compute after a week of summer holiday and a pretty lousy weekend where Andreas have been quite sick and I haven't felt all that good myself. My better half is still home from work but I'll try to get back in to some kind of routines today... So, why not start off with a delayed review of how I did on my new year's resolutions in May?


  • Paint my toenails often. Because looking down on brightly colored toes makes me happy.
    Still just going on red here... Boring...
  • Run 10K, once. Like without stopping for a rest
    I actually had my first run in several months just today! It was just a 2K run, and my knees hurt but still! Might be a sign that my motivation is on its way back!
  • Take an online photo course and start to use my camera on "manual" setting
    I'm thinking I might makes this activity a part of the second half of my summer-break from my university online studies. We'll see if I find something.
  • Bake my own bread, at least once
    Nu-uh. 
  • Find one really good friend in Brunei
    I have at least two or three people here now that I feel comfortable calling my friends, which feels really good. 
  • Take 60 kg in bench press
    Uh, this month has been bad when it comes to going to the gym so I don't even know where I'm at with this. I felt pretty good about this goal in the beginning of the year but now I'm not so sure.
  • Make one new proper friend via Instagram or a blog
    I have reconnected with some of my old friends via Instagram, that is pretty nice!
  • Start an online portfolio
    Not yet. And no projects to put in there either.
  • Grow my hair long and learn how to make a Dutch braid.
    I actually feel like cutting off like 10 cm of my hair now, to get rid of some of my tired old blond hair. So that might happen. It still might be long enough to practice the braid though. 
  • Read 20 books, 5 of them non-fictional
    I've been reading a lot these past few weeks since I finished my courses but I still haven't finished any non-fictional books. 
  • Be nicer to my skin: use lotion on my dry hands and legs on a daily basis and develop some kind of skin-care routine for my little face. Plus use at least SPF20 on my face, every day
    No really improvement here really. Except that I moved my face-scrub from the bathrooms cabinet to the showers so now I have started using that more often! Plus I invested in an nice shower cream from Body Shop, that feels luxurious. 
  • Only eat good candy, not boring candy. And enjoy it. 
    No more Swedish candy in my cupboard.. :( I have enjoyed a lot of Mentos recently, those are always a hit! But the disappear sooo quickly. And I got loads of Ferrero Rocher chocolates for my birthday that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Delish!
  • Try to reduce my screen time a little bit.
    No. Not even a little. Also, this weekend had been spent mostly Netflix binge-ing, because of illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment