Sunday, 18 June 2017

why don't I just DO this?

How come there are things in life that you know you should do, that they would make you happier, healthier and better at coping with everyday life, but just still just don't do them? For many people I guess it's a question about time, but I have all the time in the world and I still don't do these things, however many times I set my mind on doing them. In my case I have defined three things that I know would make my everyday life better, but I also just ignore doing most of the time:

physical activity in the morning
It doesn't have to be a super heavy workout or an hour of running, even 20 minute walk before breakfast makes me happier the whole day. There is more of a chance that I'll be productive, that I feel calm and happy and not bored. I have done this routinely for some periods this past year, but eventually something (small) comes up and I stop. So stupid!

get properly dressed
I don't mean properly in a fancy way, but just in normal clothes and not the same sweats and t-shirt as yesterday. Catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thinking "hello pretty!" makes any day better, in my opinion. I fall back on thinking it's a waste to use my favorite clothes and that i should save them for a more eventful day, but I don't have that many of those and my "good" outfits just lives in my clothes without ever seeing the light. It's sad really.

leave my phone alone for a while
Browings through Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin to catch up takes up so much of my time. And mostly I don't mind, these are great ways of keeping in contact with friends and family back home, and to get updated on what is going on in the world, but when i just keep returning, doing the rounds again when nothing is new, that's when it just becomes a waste of time. And since I actually have a bunch of other hobbies that I know would make me feel better, more creative and happy, why don't I just go do those instead!?

I obviously don't have a lot of self-discipline. I'm not going to make any promises that either of these things will change in the future. But I am aware, at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment