Saturday, 5 August 2017

One skill per week

I had so many high flying plans on how creative I was going to be when we moved here and I would have all of this magical free time. Turns out my courses zapped most of my creative energy and Netflix, books and aimlessly surfing on my phone has stolen most of my leftover time. Oh well. You live and you learn. So, now that I'm back from all of my travels this summer I have made a plan. And that plan is that I will have a go at a new creative skill, per week, for the next few weeks. I will try to spend at least 30 minutes or so every weekday on the skill, watching tutorials or practicing. To get out of my comfort zone - and to not feel that my results have to be flawless - I've decided to try out a few techniques and crafts that I'm not very good at or have never tried before.


Here's my list of four new things to try!
  • Hand lettering 
  • Embroidery 
  • Watercolor (not new, but hard)
  • Macrame
  • creating patterns
Maybe now I will finally have something to show off in my "creative challenge" posts, that have goon conspicuously missing these past months... 

No comments:

Post a Comment