Wednesday, 2 August 2017

tasty (but not so pretty) birthday cake

The 2nd of August is Andreas's birthday and I decided to go all in with celebrations this year. This meant gifts en masse, him deciding what would be for lunch and dinner and me cooking plus a surprise cake. And as I don't particularly like either cooking or baking this was a pretty big deal... As you can see from this lovely photo of this pretty thing... erh... Well, to be honest it might not look like much, but it was pretty darn tasty! So I'm going to share the recipe with you guys.


This is actually a combination of several recipes that I found while browsing around Pinterest. I had an idea that I wanted to make a cheesecake - because it's easy - with white chocolate and lemon, but everything I found was either too complicated or with other combinations of ingredients. I ended up using most of the instructions from this recipe that I made for my own birthday (I recommend it!) but switching out some of the ingredients using measurements from various other recipes I came across. The result was really tasty, sweet but with a strong lemon flavor. I wish I'd taken a better photo, but we wanted to get started eating the cake...

Annika's (no bake) chocolate lemon cheesecake

1-2 lemons, juice and zest
300g Philadelphia cheese
250 g Digestive biscuits
80g butter, melted
1 dl full cream 
200g white chocolate
1 dl sugar

Instructions
  1. Crush the biscuits and blend with melted butter
  2. Cover the bottom of a springform pan with the crushed biscuit/butter mix. Press to make a compact layer. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
  3. Mix the Philadelphia cheese with sugar and  juice and zest from one small lemon.
  4. Melt 50g of the chocolate and stir into the Philadlphia mixure
  5. Pour the cheese mixture onto the biscuit layer in the pan, then spread with a spatula. Refrigerate until firm.
  6. Melt the remaining chocolate and blend with the cream and a little bit of juice and zest from a lemon - taste to see how much.
  7. Cover the cheesecake with chocolate. Decorate if you have time... suggestions for decorations would be mint leaves, lemon slizes, candles, gold and sparkles, whatever.
  8. Let the cheesecake cool for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment